Governments, businesses and organizations in the Atlantic region and around the world are committing to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050. Moving towards this goal will have significant implications for Atlantic Canada’s economy.
APEC has started a three-year research project to examine the potential opportunities, challenges and risks of this transition for the Atlantic economy.
Through this series of reports and webinars, we will answer such questions as:
- What are the economic implications and risks of reducing emissions to net-zero in Atlantic Canada?
- What are the regional economic implications of climate change and the risks of not reducing emissions?
- How can our region navigate the coming transition in a way that supports economic welfare in an inclusive and sustainable manner?
- Become a member of APEC to benefit from advance access to these reports.
- Bookmark this so you can easily access this research.
- Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay up to date with our research as it is released.
- Share and discuss this research with your leadership team.
- Questions about this research? Contact Lana Asaff, Senior Economist, APEC.