Share your Economic Update
As relevant information is scarce at this time and official economic statistics will not be available for some time, APEC is reaching out to its members, partners and other stakeholders to collect, synthesize, assess and share information that will help businesses, governments and other stakeholders understand the economic impacts to assist their own decision making and to better target their responses to where help is most needed.
We are asking for your cooperation to help us quickly compile, assess and share relevant information.
What we would like to know:
- Are you seeing changes in output or demand as a result of COVID-19 and, if so, how big of a change you are experiencing?
- Are you making any changes to employment levels or hours worked to manage your operations as a result of COVID-19? If so, how big of a change and is this restricted to certain segments of your workforce?
- Are you facing any challenges in maintaining your supply chain and if so, how critical are these?
- What steps are you taking to help your clients and employees during this situation?
- As a worker, are you experiencing changes in employment, hours worked or income as a direct result of COVID-19?
Knowing where you are not seeing any COVID-19 related economic impacts is just as important as knowing where you are seeing impacts.
Please let us know what business/sector you are in and which Atlantic province(s) you are operating in.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with updates for your firm, organization or sector.
If you would rather share information by phone, please email us at email@example.com and we will arrange a call. As most of our staff are working remotely, we cannot guarantee that someone will be able to answer the regular APEC phone line at this time.
Any information shared will be treated in the strictest confidence. APEC will not share individual corporate information unless it has written permission to do so. APEC will aggregate information to share the broad impacts being reported by industry. Information collected will be stored on APEC’s secure server.
Synthesized information will be shared and updated on a regular basis on APEC’s COVID webpages: www.apec-econ.ca/covid