Overview: This position involves the collection of primary data and information from companies and government departments across Atlantic Canada for APEC’s Major Projects Inventory, a project-by-project database of the major investment activity in Atlantic Canada. The position requires calls to project proponents, as well as online research to identify the information.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop experience in applied research in a business setting and gain insight into the key industries driving the Atlantic economy. There may also be an opportunity to support other ongoing research projects at APEC.
Qualifications – the applicant should have:
· previous research experience in a business setting
· a bachelors or graduate degree in business or economics (other backgrounds will be considered if the candidate has research experience)
· excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· a strong Excel background and experience maintaining databases
· effective organizational skills
· a strong understanding of the Atlantic Canadian economy
· solid writing skills and the ability to synthesise complex information
· an understanding of the construction sector would be an asset
Duration: The position is for a length of 12 weeks (35 hours per week) starting February 3rd.
Compensation: $21-25/hour depending on qualifications
Deadline for submission: Monday, January 20th
For more information about APEC please visit our website at www.apec-econ.ca
To apply for this position, please submit your merged resume with a cover letter explaining your qualifications to:
Finance & Operations Manager
Atlantic Provinces Economic Council
5121 Sackville Street, Suite 500
Halifax, NS B3J 1K1
Fax: (902) 429-6803
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.