Membership Marketing and Events Manager
Permanent, full-time, Halifax, NS
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your marketing expertise to help increase and demonstrate value to current and potential clients? Would you like to join a small dynamic team that works to advance economic prosperity in the Atlantic region?
The Atlantic Provinces Economic Council (APEC) is an independent non-profit research and policy organization dedicated to furthering economic progress in Atlantic Canada. APEC has a broad membership base consisting of large and small business; federal, provincial and municipal governments; colleges and universities; and labour, indigenous, economic development and community organizations. In addition to providing publications for our members and other stakeholders, we host regular public events, webinars and engagement sessions across the Atlantic region.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO and working closely with the Communications Manager and other APEC team members, you will take a lead role in APEC’s membership development and relationship management, event coordination and marketing, and oversee brand management and implementation of APEC’s digital strategy.
This is a key external-facing role, requiring professional engagement and relationship-building with members, sponsors, partners, and other stakeholders, with a proven ability to secure membership revenues, sponsorships and event registrations.
· Develop and execute membership recruitment, retention and engagement strategies
· Monitor, assess and respond to member engagement statistics, including at-risk memberships and those that could be upgraded.
· Network to build relationships with members and non-members
· Maintain an up-to-date database and ensure that invoicing and receivables are on time and on budget
· Lead development of event programming, including identifying, approaching, securing, and managing speakers
· Identify, approach, secure, and manage event sponsors and partners
· Lead table and event registration sales including table sales calls, promotional mailing, and targeted email campaigns
· Coordinate events from concept to execution, including venue, audio visual, supplier and travel logistics, digital conference kit development, onsite registration processes, and post-event follow ups
· Maintain and communicate the value proposition and ensure consistent branding of APEC in all forms (website, webinars, reports, events, etc.)
· Oversee website, social media and digital content to ensure effective communication, branding and content for each event, publication, and research report
Experience and Skills
At least 3 years experience preferred in the following areas:
· Relationship-building and member/sponsor management experience
· Value-oriented sales experience in non-profit or corporate sectors with ability to meet budget goals
· Experience in marketing, content management, and branding
· Experience in business event programming, planning, and logistics coordination
· Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills and comfortable meeting with potential members, sponsors, and partners
In addition, the ideal candidate should:
· Take ownership over tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision
· Have strong organization and project management skills
· Be technology proficient, including Office365, database management and web-based applications
· Be numerate and financially literate, with excellent attention to detail
· Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related fields is an asset
This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week) based in our Halifax office. Office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. Salary is $45 - $50,000, commensurate with skills and experience.
Interested candidates should send a detailed, merged resume and cover letter, clearly indicating how you meet the above requirements, by December 12, 2019 to:
Subject Line: Membership Marketing and Events Manager.
We would like to thank all those who apply for this position but only those under consideration will be contacted. For more information about APEC, candidates are encouraged to visit APEC’s website at www.apec-econ.ca.