Membership and Events Administrator
Permanent, full‐time, Halifax
The Atlantic Provinces Economic Council (APEC) is a non‐profit research and policy organization dedicated to furthering economic progress in Atlantic Canada. APEC has a broad membership base consisting of large and small business; federal, provincial and municipal governments; colleges and universities; and labour, indigenous, economic development and community organizations. In addition to providing publications for our members, we host regular public events and webinars.
We are looking for a Membership and Events Administrator to assist with maintaining relations with our members and the successful execution of all events. This is a key support role, requiring professional engagement with members and other stakeholders, with opportunities to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Maintain membership and contact databases
- Process new memberships, monthly renewals, billings and accounts receivable
- Prepare monthly membership reports, update contact information and respond to member enquiries
- Compile contact information, mail letters to potential members, and follow up on membership recruitment
- Book venues, food and beverage, audiovisual, accommodation and travel for events
- Mail merge and print event promotion letters, with follow up emails and calls for table sales
- Process event registrations and print all materials for delegate kit folders
- Serve as receptionist, maintain and order office supplies, and process publication orders
Experience and Skills
- Previous office/event experience, particularly in a business environment
- Responsible; follows through on required tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong organization skills; able to work quickly and efficiently
- Technology proficient, including MS Office, database management and web‐based applications
- Numerate and financially literate, with excellent attention to detail
- Professional telephone manner, as the front‐line contact for members
- Comfortable sending emails and making telephone calls to follow‐up on requests to purchase tables for events, book event locations, and liaise with caterers and AV suppliers
- Design and publication layout experience, using Adobe Creative Suite, an asset
This is a permanent, full‐time position (37.5 hours per week) based in our Halifax office. Full‐time salary is $35‐$40,000, commensurate with skills and experience. Office hours are 8:30am‐4:30pm, Monday‐Friday but we are open to flexible work hours of 30‐37.5 hours per week.
Interested candidates should send a detailed, merged resume and cover letter, clearly indicating how you meet the above requirements, by June 8, 2018 to:
Subject Line: Membership and Events Administrator
We would like to thank all those who apply for this position but only those under consideration will be contacted.