APEC is the source for independent research, insights and ideas vital to supporting a healthy, inclusive and sustainable Atlantic Canadian economy.
We are a non-government, non-partisan organization. We are supported by our members and guided by a board of directors with representation from across Atlantic Canada.
We operate with Atlantic Canada in mind. The information and advice we provide relates to the people, communities, resources and opportunities in our region.
We tackle the issues of the day in a timely fashion. We stay on top of emerging trends and major event that affect our regional economy.
We consider all perspectives. We know that policy recommendations impact a number of people, organizations and sectors in many ways. We work collaboratively across many lines to bring a balanced approach.
In addition to providing reliable and vital information, we bring ideas that are solutions to complex challenges and open the door to economic progress.
What we provide
APEC provides the following for its members and the region:
- The Atlantic Canadian economic outlook and analysis, highlighting key trends and issues that are affecting the region’s economy
- Information and business intelligence on current and upcoming major investment projects.
- Reports explaining the implications of economic and policy developments for Atlantic Canada so effective responses can be developed.
- In-depth, ground-breaking research, analysis and recommendations on topics that impact economic performance in the region.
- Opportunities through conferences, roundtables and events to connect with other stakeholders, researchers and experts on issues affecting our region.
- Independent, credible and vital information on Atlantic Canada’s economy.
- Access to in-house experts and thought leaders on the Atlantic region’s economy.
Who we are
APEC is an independent, non-profit, charitable economic and policy research organization supported by our members and guided by a board of directors.
APEC’s membership includes individuals, small and large companies, labour and Indigenous groups, academic institutions, municipalities and government agencies.
Statement of Independence
APEC does not accept any research funding or other contributions that specify a particular result or policy position or that inhibits its independence in pursuing its research and dissemination activities.
All APEC research reports and other publications are subject to review and APEC staff are responsible for the final content and wording of all publications and releases.